The Inventory module interrelates closely with the Core Purchasing, Grants and General Ledger modules. It is essential that all receipting into stores and issues from stores are up to date at this point so an accurate stock take can be completed on the last day of the financial year.
|Tasks required||Final date for completion||Y|
|Physical stock take (all departments with stores)||Fri 29 Jul|
|Update Inventory module with results of stock take||Wed 17 Aug|
|Process all receipts and issues of stock up to 31 July||Wed 17 Aug|
|Module closes at 5pm||Wed 17 Aug|
|Central and Research Accounting provide departments with reconciliation||Thu 18 Aug||n/a|
In case of queries please contact the Inventory Helpdesk
Physical stock takes
All departments with stores (regardless of whether they are using the Inventory modules in UFS) are required to complete a physical stock count as at 29 July.
Inventory module users only
- Enter results of stock count on the Inventory module - reviewing any material variances.
- Ensure all receipts and issues of stock up to 31 July are processed. Including issues to / returns from research grants.
- Review and resolve any pending transactions.
- Inform the Inventory helpdesk of any miscellaneous processing that is required.
Central and Research Accounting
Central and Research Accounting will :
- carry out GL transfers (Inventory to GL)
- process miscellaneous transactions on request
- reconcile the Inventory and General Ledger valuations and provide departments with the reconciliation documents.