Staff must take into consideration all legislative requirements before undertaking any disposal. These include, but are not limited to:
See also the Fixed Asset Procedures.
- the WEEE (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) Regulations
- Health and Safety considerations:
- It is necessary to obtain a check from Health and Safety and a certificate before passing any electrical goods to any third party including staff.
- Equipment which may be contaminated with hazardous substances must be cleaned appropriately before being disposed of and a signed decontamination statement provided.
- Disposal of IT equipment:
- There are arrangements in place for the disposal of IT equipment and information on the process can be obtained from the Environment web pages. It is very important to ensure that all information, especially personal information, is effectively and fully deleted before IT equipment is disposed.
Further guidance and the recommended disposal principles and disclaimers are set out in the Procurement Services website.