The University's credit card procedures aim to ensure:
- Departments accurately account for their expenditure on credit cards.
- Control is maintained over the nature and level of expenditure.
- Adherence to the University's purchasing policy.
- Compliance with the University's travel and subsistence guidelines.
- Taxable benefits are recorded, as required by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Adequate controls are in place to avoid breach of the conditions of usage for credit cards.
- Security measures are in place to minimise the potential for fraud/misuse of credit cards.
- Compliance with the University's Financial Regulations.
The current credit card service provider in use by the University is Barclaycard.