The Association of Accounting Technicians offers a four-tier qualification scheme:
- AAT Access - Business and Finance Skills
- AAT Level 2 or the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Personal Tax
- Credit Management
The Access programme is not one that the University actively supports at the moment.
The University is an accredited centre for AAT and runs a yearly in-house program at level 2 and level 3 for staff. If you are unsure which level is the most appropriate for you then complete the AAT's skills-check.
Success at each AAT level is recognised as a vocational qualification and is based upon passing formal computer -based assessments and synoptic assessments.
Further information is available from:
- the AAT website
- details of this year's University programmes
- Helen Parker on 66627 or by email at email@example.com.