skip to content


Employees are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports for overseas business travel. It is generally expected that employees have passports for their own personal use, in which case the cost of the passport will not be refunded. However, if an employee has to obtain a passport solely for the purpose of travelling on University business, then the cost of the passport may be claimed. The University is not responsible for the cost of replacing lost or stolen passports.

Procedure & Tax Implication

These can be reimbursed via the Expenses form. The cost is reportable as a taxable benefit on P11D forms.