University credit cards are only available to employees whose contract of employment is issued by the University. Departmental Heads are responsible for ensuring that the issue of a card is appropriate.
To request a new credit card:
- The Departmental Head/Administrator should complete the 'University Credit Card Request Form', this should be sent to the Finance Division.
- Where a department requests a single card for online and overseas purchases, the Finance Administrator in the department will be responsible for the collation and approval of all transactions.
- The Accounting Services Team reviews the application and advise the department accordingly. They may request a more detailed explanation as to the basis of the application. Applications may also be passed to Procurement Services for further scrutiny and authorisation. Procurement Services may also recommend alternative solutions for example use of the preferred travel agent.
- If accepted, a Credit Card Application form and a Terms & Conditions form will be issued to the Department.
- The cardholder must complete the Application form and accept the Terms & Conditions, which is to be signed by both the cardholder and Departmental Head/Administrator.
- The forms should then be returned to the Accounting Services Team for processing and subsequent submission to the credit card provider.
- Credit cards are sent directly from the service provider to the Finance Division. After notification of receipt, the Departmental Head/Administrator should arrange for either the cardholder or an approved proxy to collect the card from the Accounting Services Team, where documentation is to be signed as confirmation of collection.
- Please ensure that one of the following forms of identification is presented upon collection:
- Current University ID card
- Driving licence
This will be photocopied and attached to the signed Terms & Conditions form.
|University Credit Card Request Forms are available here|