Consult Schedule 2 for the meaning of all words beginning with a capital letter.
In particular the contract value must be calculated per the definition of Total Value.
|Total Value (before VAT)
Procedure for inviting offers
||Follow procedures recommended by Procurement Services for the contract.
||Only the price from the Marketplace is required.
||Written price confirmation.
|£1,000 - £25,000
||Three Written Quotes.
|>£25,000 - £50,000
Three Written Quotes or three Written Proposals, depending on complexity, risk and value of the purchase (see the guidance in Procurement Procedures).
Three Tender Submissions.
Procurement Services must be consulted/involved and agree the most appropriate procurement method.
|EU Thresholds (updated biennially) as at January 2016 >£164,176 (goods and services) >£4,104,394(works)
EU Tenders managed through Procurement Services.
- Competition procedures are applicable unless a dispensation has been granted in accordance with Regulation 18.3. Non-exhaustive examples of when a dispensation might be appropriate include:
- Sole source supply necessary in the following circumstances:
- Technical compatibility eg upgrade to an existing solution or purchase of additional goods which must be compatible with existing goods;
- Protection of technical rights;
- Single provider (membership of a professional institute/proprietary training);
- Purchase of, or repairs to, goods or materials, including machinery or plant, available only as proprietary or patented articles;
- The work to be executed or the goods/services to be supplied constitute an extension of an existing contract where a change of supplier would cause:
- Disproportionate technical difficulties;
- Diseconomies; or
- Significant disruption.
- Other reasons might include:
- A one-off, unique opportunity which offers significant value;
- Extreme urgency, which was unforeseeable and is not attributable to the requester and which precludes the invitation of quotations or tenders.
2. The expectation is that, where the required goods are available, purchases up to £25,000 will be made via the Marketplace or under a Framework Contract. Other offers should not be sought, unless better value can be achieved elsewhere, in which case Procurement Services must be notified so that any price discrepancies and inclusion of the supplier on the Marketplace can be explored.