skip to content

Other universities buying goods from us may claim medical exemption provided that they meet all the conditions. To do so they need to:

  • provide the University with a medical exemption certificate; and
  • meet the conditions set out in the medical exemption purchasing section of this guide – see Medically Exempt Purchases

Although called 'exemption' for VAT purposes it is actually a zero-rating and the transaction needs to be entered into the Accounts Receivable module on CUFS with the tax code of ZR - Zero Rated

Please see section Medically Exempt Purchases for further information on what supplies are eligible for Medical Exemption. We have a responsibility as a supplier to make sure that goods are eligible for relief before accepting that the exemption certificate can be applied. If a department incorrectly accepts a certificate it will be liable to meet any additional liability.

Raven Login

Some items on this website are restricted. University members are encouraged to log in using Raven to make the best use of the site:
Login with Raven