skip to content

Where a University employee is required to incur expenditure on University business, an advance may be made to assist in covering this expenditure. Standard forms (which must be used), are available for this purpose.

A request for an advance must be completed and authorised by the Head of Department. The form should then be submitted to the Cashier, who will then order the foreign currency/travellers cheques from Barclays Bank.

Barclays Bank, Sydney Street are authorised to issue foreign currency/travellers cheques to employees. Employees are required to provide two forms of identification one of which must be their passport. A copy of the authorisation will be sent to the employee's department as confirmation that the arrangements are in place.

Foreign Currency Advances Form is available from the Finance Division web pages. Further guidelines are given in section 2.2.3 of Chapter 5b: Expenses & Benefits.

Raven Login

Some items on this website are restricted. University members are encouraged to log in using Raven to make the best use of the site:
Login with Raven