skip to content

When funds are received from a body external to the university, the following criteria are used to determine if those funds can be classed as a research grant or should be recorded as something else eg. a donation.  If the answer to one or more of the following questions is ‘yes’, then the funding is classed as a research grant or contract.

  • Are there proposal forms?

  • Are there terms and conditions?

  • Are there deliverables?

  • Are financial reports required?

  • Are there disposal terms for equipment or property?

All research grants and contracts must be recorded and administered using the grants module of the University Finance System (UFS). For reasons of indemnity and legal compliance, Departments are not permitted to apply directly to funding bodies without the involvement of the Research Operations Office (ROO) or to account for monies received under the above criteria in donation or other General Ledger (GL) accounts.

Raven Login

Some items on this website are restricted. University members are encouraged to log in using Raven to make the best use of the site:
Login with Raven