skip to content

Occasionally a permanent unspent balance will arise on a specific donation/endowment account, where further spending in accordance with the donor's conditions is not possible. In these cases the University has a legal duty to contact the donor, or the donor's representative, to seek consent to vary the conditions or to refund the unspent balance. Departments should contact the Development Office for advice in discharging this obligation.